Seems like the movement for equal rights for gays is making progress. A lot of countries around the world have passed laws legalizing gay marriage. Some states in US have also passed laws legalizing gay marriage. Immigration of binational same-sex couples and IVF children is still illegal and open for discussion. When gay marriage is legalized, will the powers to be also change with action and not just words? What does “gay rights” mean? Is it just marriage rights or beyond including having the rights to raise a happy and loving family? We need the entire ecosystem to provide and protect gay rights.
DOMA struck down by US Supreme Court – June 26, 2013
If a mother has a right to see a smile on her child’s face when she provides him a sibling, does a gay father have the same rights to the same feelings? Does a spouse of intersex have the same rights to the same feelings? And what about the child? Does the child have the right to a sibling’s touch, feel, hugs, kisses if they have a sibling?
1) When gay marriage is legal, will ministries across the government change their name from “Women and Children” to “Children and Parent” Issues or do children ONLY have rights through a woman? Reminds us of the cruel Jim Crow laws or segregation by color. Change is slow but truth always prevails.
2) When gay marriage is legal, will there be social organizations who offer their services to “children and parent” or will it be reserved only for “women and children”? Reminds us of the cruel British rule of “Indians and Dogs not allowed” in social establishments in India during their “Raj”. Change is slow but truth always prevails.
3) When gay marriage is legal, will they be allowed to have children to raise as loving parents and will the children get recognition and rights as “children of marriage“?
4) When gay marriage is legal and have children, will they be allowed to breastfeed their children?
5) When gay marriage is legal, will they be allowed to participate in a foster program to raise a child lovingly?
6) When gay marriage is legal, will they be protected from domestic violence and abuse from their spouse? Or is that only reserved if one of the spouse is a female? Or is the logic that domestic violence and abuse between two males simply does NOT occur?
7) When gay marriage is legal, will the abused spouse be encouraged to not be SILENT and report the abuse? Will there be laws, social organizations who will support them or will they be villified?
8) When gay marriage is legal and if a divorce occurs, will there be a FAIR statement of FACTS or will there be suppression of FACTS? Will the BEST INTEREST of the CHILDREN be first?
9) When gay marriage is legal and if a divorce occurs, will there be alimony paid by a male to another male? Or is that only reserved if one of the spouse is a female?
10 When gay marriage is legal, will the spouse get EQUAL caregiver rights as a male spouse caregiver?
11) When gay marriage is legal, will the gay person be allowed to run for the US Presidency with truth? or will he have to lie for the highest office in the nation?
Some questions are rhetorical, some questions are real, and some questions are forcing oneself to think. The real test of being a human, the ability to think.
Maulik knows the answers to these questions as he has already experienced the life of breaking laws and crimes and the punishment meted out on him and his children. Sadly, he is not a woman and he is a dual minority and not a “critical mass” and thus not a “political asset”, so it is perfectly OK to violate his rights and implicitly his children’s rights. Truth prevails and the biggest jurors are the innocent children. And fighting for the truth is not a crime or is it? I suppose we could ask Mahatma Gandhi or Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. if they were around.
If you oppose gay marriage, you should support equal rights for IVF parents and spouse of intersex like Maulik.
If you just support any marriage based on love, trust, and honesty, you should support equal rights for IVF parents and spouse of intersex like Maulik.
If you support anyone based on truth and facts, you should support equal rights for IVF parents and spouse of intersex like Maulik.