Believe it or not, there are lot of similarities between the effects of Global Warming on Polar Bears and the effects of Unregulated Global Outsourced childbirth (Surrogacy) on innocent Children (Humans). Some estimate that by 2060, the polar ice will have melted so much that some where along the way, the ecosystem of polar bears will cease to exist and polar bears will become extinct. Perhaps by 2060, the unregulated Global Surrogacy market for outsourced childbirth will have deteriorated so much that either all countries will ban surrogacy for foreigners OR it will be highly unaffordable for most and effectively no more Surrogacy children will be born, effectively creating no need for “regulation and rights” of Surrogacy children because we do NOT exist. Regardless of one’s beliefs and side, in 2060, maybe the Polar bears are extincted due to the predicted reasons or other reasons we do not understand as humankind but they are gone and everyone will have to deal with the reality of “Global Warming” in their own ways independent of the Polar bears. Regardless of one’s beliefs and side on “Global Surrogacy”, in 2060, maybe “Global Surrogacy” will have been banned everywhere for foreigners and domestically it will be unaffordable for most and effectively no more “Global Surrogacy” children will be born and therefore “NO rights” needed. But others will still have to continue to live in the real world like the children and now adults in 2060 born of “Global Surrogacy” still with “NO rights”. Its not the trajectory we take but the harsh realities individuals face and the truth has a way of coming out even after death as Galileo and Copernicus discovered that they were silenced and even put to death for restating simple facts but their “timing” was incorrect. Today of course, centuries after their death, their facts about the solar system are not only widely accepted but taught to every child – our future. The CHOICE is up to us, regardless of the trajectory we take, exploiting any child, regardless of their birth type, will always be wrong, no justifications can make it right because it’s about a “child”.
French king Louis the XVI infamously said, “If they can’t afford bread, ask them to buy cake” (but don’t go hungry). Clearly, he was very far removed from REALITY. And its kind of like saying to a Surrogacy child of a LGBTI immigrant, if you can’t get a passport to travel to be with family, get on a plane instead. Clearly, the “powers-to-be” are far removed from the REALITY that plagues children like us. How do we get over the hump where we are allowed to LIVE and LET LIVE?
- Great divide between two factions of people whether it’s true or not while the innocent get victimized.
- A faction of people think Global Warming is real and eroding the environment of Polar Bears while other believes its “natural” and there is no global warming while its a fact innocent polar bears and their cubs are dying.
- Same is true of children of Surrogacy from an unregulated Global Surrogacy market. The effects of exploitation, childhood statelessness, lack of human dignity and respect, denial of due process, denial of rights are REAL.
- The effects on individual victims are a microchasm of the future
- Some Polar bears dying are causing concerns because if left unchecked, the effects will lead to more chaos in their environment, ultimately, leading to their extinction. Since we all share the same “home”, the melting snowcaps, the rising waters, the rising heat will have long-reaching effects on rest of the lives, like us HUMANS regardless of whether we agree or not.
- Some innocent IVF/Surrogacy children made stateless or left-behind or used as human shields to take their sibling away if left unchecked, the effects will lead to more chaos in their environment like “Surrogacy ban” specifically to foreigners, effectively making “Global Surrogacy children” a thing of the past (extinct). Since we all share the same “globe”, the stateless children, the exploited siblings will eventually meet and get to know the truth and will ask as children, why don’t the deserve EQUAL protection like other children?
- “At the time of birth” arguments are archaic and not helping to solve anything
- Average polar bear life expectancy is 15-18 years; “at the time of their birth”, humans had just begun to talk about global warming in mainstream while as a backdrop, the entire human genome (our DNA, knowing oneself) had not even been mapped yet implying there is a lot we don’t understand in this world including us. In 2016, does the dying “polar bear” worry more about the conditions “at the time of birth” OR more about getting their next meal today and not being stranded on a block of ice with cubs? And how does the “cub” feel about the “at the time of birth” scenario?
- For an IVF/Surrogacy child, legal arguments used whether to give them a birth certificate or not, a passport or not is depended on circumstances “at the time of birth” outside their control. Like the immigration status of the adults, the gender of the adults “at the time of their birth” as defined by laws, whether both adults are present or not? How does a child get a birth certificate, a passport, a legal identity when two adults are born as “genetic males”, what goes in the “name of mother” field? Its a legal nightmare and so the best answer is to NOT issue legal paperwork for a child and deny the rights of the child?
- Diacotomy of taking sides or individualism?
- If HUMANS take sides like claiming global warming is real or is fake and is “natural” cycle of the globe, they are bound to offend the other side and perhaps the reality is in the middle like most other things. Moderation solves problems and the question is are we here to SOLVE or here to FIGHT? The polar bear parent stranded on an ice cube away from the cubs on a different ice cube has a very different viewpoint and could care less about these “BIG” issues when their life as a family is about to change FOREVER.
- If HUMANS take sides on whether Global Surrogacy, outsourced child birth is OK Vs. “unnatural” and is exploitative of women, each side is bound to offend the other side. For the already born IVF/Surrogacy child, it is about being able to MOVE FORWARD like a normal child like getting proper legal paperwork and using it to get basic rights like education, access to healthcare, an identity as a HUMAN and so on. The child made stateless, exploited, denied rights and due process could care less about the gender, immigration status, sexual orientation of the adults who brought them into this world and these “BIG” issues when their life as a HUMAN is about to change FOREVER.
No one is questioning the roles of mothers but if we are to be inclusive, what is the message to children of gays, single fathers, intersex family as to what roles to “parents” play in their lives? Is it offensive to the children to trivialize or disrespect their parents for the sacrifices they made? Don’t judge a book by the cover and don’t judge a deleted, exploited Surrogacy child without giving me my due process in the court of law, I am not afraid of the truth, are you? It is true that bigotry and hate cannot help an intersex, immigrant, infertile adult to have a child by breaking the laws – love and compassion helps like doing international IVF/Surrogacy to share a child. Bigotry and hate IS pre-meditatively and knowingly DIVIDE siblings by DELETING a girl child to use as bait, a human shield because the laws have not caught up yet in favor of an intersex, immigrant, infertile adult. Paradoxically, its the SAME laws that affect both the adult and the child – the difference is how we deal with it – truth or lies, love or hate, compassion or intolerance, inclusion or exclusion. You DECIDE. Just be mindful of making statements which stand the TEST of TIME unlike the statements on gay rights, civil rights, women suffrage, rape survivors, slavery, Salem witch-hunt and so on. A justification may stand today but will not stand forever because abusing, exploiting, deleting a child is NEVER ok. Its the change from WITHIN which is at stake and its the future of children like us.
Much like the icebergs that polar bears roam on have a great unseen depth under the water, the issues of Surrogacy children of LGBTI immigrants also have a great unseen and deep legal, ethical, moral issues. But once we are here, we are first a human being deserving of equality just like everyone else.